Dance Catching Fireflies 11968
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Jorgensen, K & Wendell, K (2004)
- Advance and Retire (ADVRET;2S;)
- Hands across - 4 - with setting (HX;4P;SET;)
- Reel of three - across - half (REEL;ACROSS;HALF;R3;)
- Hands round - 6 - and back (HR;6P;BACK;)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Note: Due to limitations in the underlying data, the relative order of formations in this list may be different from the order of formations in the actual dance.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
Catching Fireflies 3/4L · R32
- 1c+2c ½ RHA |set ; 1c+3c ½ LHA | set (2x,3x,1)
- 1c cast up round 3c, dance to top (3c down on [11-12]), cast off round 2c to 2pl | Petronella turn into lines of 3 across
- All A&R ; ½ Reels3 across, 1c Rsh to 1cnr position to start (2,1,3)
- Circle6 and back
Note on variations (devisers):
- On 1st(2nd) time through, 1W(1M) ends in centre , dancing (set, clog, step dance) for 6 bars while all Circle5 and back; on [31-32], Circle breaks so that 1W(1M) dances to 2pl.
- 3c can step down on [9-10] instead of [11-12]