Dance Trip to Chicago 12053
Jig · 48 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 312)
- Devised by
- Lara Friedman-Shedlov (2004)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Extra info
- Devised 2004 by Lara Friedman-Shedlov ...
Devised 2004 by Lara Friedman-Shedlov, of the Twin Cities Branch, in appreciation of the many happy hours spent dancing at the Chicago Branch’s balls and workshops. Well worth the road trips!
NOTE: Bars 25-28 and 41-44 are quite quick. The couple in front needs to move more quickly than they think in order to give the couple following enough time to get to place, and the following couple need to stay right behind the leading couple.
Suggested music: “Eilean Donan Castle,” on the Highlander Music Scottish Dances Volume 11 (Roy Hendrie and his Scottish Dance Band).
|Eilean Donan Castle||Roy Hendrie & his Scottish Dance Band||Highlander Music Scottish Dances Vol 11||CD||11||J48 3||2:40||35.6||The Island of Mull/The Top o' Ben Lomond/Aithernie Lodge|
Trip to Chicago 3/3L · J48
- Mirror Reels3 on sides, 1c crossing down (1x,2,3)
- 1c turn 2c EH, 1c in and down ; 1c ½ Fig8 down round 2c (1,2,3)
- 1c+2c ½ RHA | 1c & 2c turn RH ½ ; 1c+3c Circle4 L. 1c & 3c NHJ in centre face up (2,1,3)
- 1c (3c following) dance up round 1c and cast off to exchanged places (to 2,3,1) ; 3c & 1c dance BtoB (2,3,1)
- Repeat [17-32] from new positions (3,1,2)