Dance Neidpath Tower 12569
Strathspey · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Rod Downey (2005)
- 8888 8888 8118 8448 = 82% (1 turn), 82% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised 22nd February, 2005 in ...
Devised 22nd February, 2005 in Wellington, whilst sitting out as part of a spare couple during the dancing of Neidpath Castle. Evidently, the dance is a four couple version of Neidpath Castle. The tower of Neidpath Castle is not square but rather the shape of a parallelogram with rounded corners.
Recommended music is "Neidpath Castle," but there is no 4 x32 recording. Acceptable alternative would be a pastoral 4x32 Strathspey such as "St John's River," or "Bonnie Lass of Bon Accord."
Neidpath Tower 4/4L · S32
- All set | all turn BH twice | all set
- G-Chain (1c and 4c cross to start)
- 1c+4c Fig8 on own side round 2c+3c, starting inwards, 1c passes infront of 4c each time. On  2c+3c dance in for
- 1c+2c & 3c+4c ½ Poussette, on  2c+3c dance to sidelines as 1c+4c continue slow turn ; 1c+4c ½ Poussette (2,4,1,3)
|Berlin Hopalots Social 2016||2016-11-25||Rainer Binias||Aug. 11, 2016, 9:58 a.m.|
|7/5/22 Arr.6.30 Cambridge Scottish Society Annual Ball Robert Whitehead CB3 0GP||2022-05-07||Stephen Webb||Feb. 15, 2022, 4:30 p.m.|
|Thistle Club Hogmanay Dance 2019||2019-12-31||Stuart Kreloff||Dec. 23, 2019, 2:06 p.m.|