Dance A Dance for Dorothy 14566
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Anne Thorn
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- This dance was devised by ...
This dance was devised by Anne Thorn in June 2007 to celebrate the life of Mrs Dorothy Capstick who was Assistant Secretary of Helensburgh and District Branch of the RSCDS and secretary of both the Tuesday SCD Club and the Thursday Ladies SCD Club. For over 35 years Dorothy was an active dancer and supporter of SCD in the local area. Even though her husband did not dance he became Dorothy’s “secretary” due to his expertise with computers.
Bars 9-16 represent the support her husband Gordon gave to Dorothy in all of her secretarial roles.
Bars 17-24 represent the close links Dorothy made with other dancers in the local area and further afield whilst she was out dancing and Gordon was left at home.
Bars 25-32 – it is traditional in the Helensburgh area to finish off the programme with a dance containing a circle.
A Dance for Dorothy 3/4L · R32
- 1s set & cast 1 place, 3/4 turn LH into prom hold facing 3L
- 1s dance 1/2 RSh reel of 3 with 1st corners & 1s dance 1/2 RSh reel with 2nd corners ending in 2nd place Ladies' side
- 1s cross leading with LH & cast (Man up, lady down) dancing into middle to meet partner while 3s+2s dance 1/2 R&L
- 2s+1s+3s turn partners RH to end own side
- 2s+1s+3s circle 6H round & back
|RSCDS Croydon & District Eastbourne Weekend 2019 - Friday||2019-11-08||Cathy Daldy||Nov. 5, 2019, 11:32 a.m.|