Dance Start Your Engines 14991
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Ellen Ternes (2012)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised by Ellen Ternes (ellenter ...
Devised by Ellen Ternes (ellenter [at] comcast.net) after learning, with great glee, that the very Italian-looking Dario Franchitti, winner of the 2012 Indy 500 race, is very Scottish!
Suggested music: "Flights of Fancy," from Celebrate 50 Years of Dancing with the Boston Branch.
The deviser is non-committal about the music, even noting that it could be danced as a reel.
Start Your Engines 3/4L · J32
- 1s tandem R3 on women's side Lsh to 2w to begin. On bar 4, thru 3w's place,1m takes the lead
- 1s tandem R3 on men's side, Rsh to 2m to begin. On bar 12, thru 3m's place, 1w takes the lead. 1c finish at the top facing down, 1w on partner's left
- 1c dance below 3c, cast to 2nd place own side (2s up 19-20); All turn RH
- 2s+1s+3s circle 6H round to left, bar 28 all cross R foot over L, pulling back LSh & chase ccw to place 2 1 3
|zoom class||2020-08-11||Holly Boyd||Aug. 14, 2020, 3:03 a.m.|
|Ho-ho-kus Sept 23||2015-09-23||Elizabeth Buonomo||Sept. 21, 2015, 12:53 a.m.|