Dance The Pink Triangle 15646
Strathspey · 32 bars · 6 couples · Triangular (Progression: 365214)
- Devised by
- Tim Bolton-Maggs (2012)
- 888888/888888/888888/888888 = 100% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- In this progression, all dancers ...
In this progression, all dancers return to their original places after three repetitions of the dance.
From the comments on the Edinburgh youtube video: This dance was devised by Tim Bolton-Maggs, RSCDS Edinburgh, for Sid Taylor who was intrigued to hear about the Edinburgh Gay Gordons so commissioned one of her folk music friends to write 'The Pink Triangle'. Sadly, Sid died of cancer before the dance was premièred at the Gay Gordons' ceilidh in December 2012. The original tune, “The Pink Triangle” was written by Jon Bews.
|The Pink Triangle||Graeme Munro and his Band||90 - Twelve anniversary dances celebrating ninety years of RSCDS Edinburgh Branch||CD||8||S32 3||3:22||67.3||The Pink Triangle/Loudon's Bonnie Woods/The Laird o' Thrums|
The Pink Triangle 6T · S32
6 couples arranged in Triangular Set. Start positions
·····3L 3M 4L 4M
- 1s+2s, 3s+4s, 5s+6s dance reels of 4 on sides of triangle
- All set to partners, turn RH to face corner. Set to corner, turn LH , take promenade hold with partner (L on Right) 1s face 2s, 3s face 4s, 5s face 6s
- All promenade 4 places,1s+3s+5s clockwise, 2s+4s+6s anticlockwise passing couples by Right then Left. Finish 3 6 5 2 1 4
- All circle 12H round and back
|Budapest SCD Weekend 2019 - dances taught||2019-06-01||Zoltán Gräff||June 4, 2019, 2:22 p.m.|
|Ediburgh 90 Anniverary Book||Andrew Locke||May 4, 2018, 2:16 p.m.|
|Strathspey 3CC Triangular||Verl Girl||May 7, 2016, 12:12 p.m.|
|Набережная 2019-06-04+||Denis Lisov||June 4, 2019, 3:27 p.m.|