Dance Dorothy's Wedding 1701
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Jean Attwood
- 888/888/880/880 = 63% (whole dance)
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The figures of this dance ...
The figures of this dance represent the bride and groom first with their own families, then meeting each other's; the wedding procession and a true lover's knot.
Dorothy's Wedding 3/4L · R32
- Mirror Reels3 on sides, 1c in (1,2,3)
- Mirror Reels3 on opposite sides, 1c crossing down (1x,2,3)
- 1c (+2c who dance up to follow) lead down | cross and cast round 3c while 2c following cast round 3c, 1c & 2c meet ; 1c+2c lead up to top | 1c cast off to 2pl. 2c in 1pl face out (2,1,3)
- 2c+1c DblFig8, 1c crossing up (2,1,3)