Dance The Eagleton Strathspey 1873
Also known as “The New Colony”.
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Olivia Roberts
- 822/808/848/866 = 53% (whole dance)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- William Eagleton (or Eggleton) and ...
William Eagleton (or Eggleton) and Mary Dickerson were amongst the first of the First Fleet convicts to be married in the colony, on 17th February 178B. Their descendants account for many eighth and ninth generation Australians.
The Eagleton Strathspey 3/4L · S32
- 1c lead down and cast up round 3c to 1pl | all set (1,2,3)
- 1c & 3c Petronella turn | set ; ½ Reel4
- 3c & 1c turn P BH 1¾, stay in centre opening hands into ; 3c+2c+1c Circle6 L ½ (1x,2x,3x)
- All set | cross RH ; set | 1c cast to 2pl (2c up) (2,1,3)