Dance John McCormick of Loomis, Wilson and Hollidale 19867
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Holly Boyd (2019)
- 880/888/888/888 = 70% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Extra info
- This dance is written for ...
This dance is written for my friend John McCormick. It is always a pleasure to see him at the TAC teachers’ weekend and the summer school.
John McCormick of Loomis, Wilson and Hollidale 3/4L · R32
- 1c & 2c Petronella Turn to midline | ½ Reel4 | Petronella Turn to sides (2,1,3)
- All set | all pass P RSh to opposite sides | all chase clw ½ (3,1,2)
- All turn P RH ; turn P LH (3,1,2)
- 3c+1W & 1M+2c RHA. 1c end in centre LSh to P ; LSh »Snake Pass« [unwind the RHA, 1c leading, pass other snake LSh through 2plx and chase cclw] (2,1,3)
Second time through couples need to anticipate the transition from the snake pass into the petronella reel progression.