Dance An Absurd Number of Cucumber Sandwiches 21369
Jig · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Darbus Oldham (2016)
- 800/888/800/888 = 50% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Delaware Valley Gold 
- Recommended Music
- Extra Info
- As president of the Swarthmore College Folk Dance Club, Darbus announced that the members would have to make “an absurd …
As president of the Swarthmore College Folk Dance Club, Darbus announced that the members would have to make “an absurd number of cucumber sandwiches” for the 2016 English-Scottish Ball, and another student joked that the phrase sounded like a good name for a dance. The figures represent 1) toasting the bread, 2) buttering the bread, 3) adding cucumbers, and 4) slicing the tea sandwiches into triangles.
|An Absurd Number of Cucumber Sandwiches||RSCDS Delaware Valley Branch Musicians||Delaware Valley Gold||CD||11||J32 8||4:47||35.9|
An Absurd Number of Cucumber Sandwiches 3/4L · J32
- 1st cast down behind own lines and back to places.
- 1s, 2s, and 3s dance mirror reels of 3, 1s dancing in and down.
- 1s lead down the middle to just below 3rd place. 2s step up on 19–20.
- 1s turn with both hands (PdB) up to 2nd place, opening out to end B2B facing own sides.
- 2s, 1s, and 3s dance D.Tr.
|20230719 Fairlee Class||2023-07-19||Dawn Hathaway||July 16, 2023, 5:15 p.m.|
|Summer's End 2023 Saturday||2023-08-26||Katherine Giacoletti||July 15, 2023, 1:24 a.m.|
|Cambridge Class - 07 Aug||2023-08-07||Dawn Hathaway||July 19, 2023, 11:45 p.m.|
|Scottish Weekend 2023||2023-09-23||Katherine Giacoletti||Sept. 18, 2023, 10:05 p.m.|
|CC March ideas||Keira Hartstein||Feb. 26, 2023, 6:53 p.m.|