Dance The Fearsome Fivesome 21374
Reel · 32 bars · 5 couples · Longwise - 5 (Progression: 23514)
- Devised by
- Daniel Potter, Jocelyn Kurtze, Sara Nealley, Ben Kurtze, and Jess Emery (2019)
- 80008/88888/80008/88484 = 65% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Delaware Valley Gold 
- Recommended Music
- Extra Info
- The devisors were born to Branch dancers between 1994 and 1997. They grew up seeing one another at socials, balls, …
The devisors were born to Branch dancers between 1994 and 1997. They grew up seeing one another at socials, balls, and non-dancing events like birthday parties and sleepovers, and became known as the “Fearless Five.” Now in their 20s, they get together a few times a year at pool parties, Inverarity social dances, Pinewoods Camp, and the Hogmanay Ball. They wrote this dance together via Facebook Messenger from Glasgow, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and New York City.
|The Fearsome Fivesome||Thistle House||Delaware Valley Gold||CD||16||R32 5||3:09||37.8|
The Fearsome Fivesome 5/5L · R32
- 1s and 5s cross R and cast 1 place down or up.
- 1s and 5s dance ½ fig8 out the nearest end, then pass R shoulders to end B2B in the center, facing opposite sides in DTr position. Order is 2, 1x, 3, 5x, 4.
- All dance DTr.
- 1s and 5ts dance around 1st corners giving R shoulders, pass R (making wide loops, as they may pass more than one dancer), dance around 2nd corners giving R shoulders, and end in progressed places on opposite sides.
- 1s cross R and cast off 2 places while 2s and 4s set and turn R. Order is 2, 3, 5x, 1, 4.
- 2s with 3s and 1s with 4s RHA while 5s turn R 1½ to end 2, 3, 5, 1, 4.