Dance What you please 7073
Jig · 40 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- 880/880/800/808/880 = 45% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Miss Milligan's Miscellany of Scottish Country Dances 
- Miss Milligan's Miscellany Volume II 
- 99 More Scottish Country Dances 
- Scottish Country Dances in Diagrams. Ed. 8  (diagram only)
- Scottish Country Dances in Diagrams. Ed. 7  (diagram only)
- Scottish Country Dances in Diagrams. Ed. 6  (diagram only)
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The old MMM Vol 2 ...
The old MMM Vol 2 says for bars 25-40:
25-32: 1st and 3rd couples make a circle and dance 8 slip steps round to left and 8 back again.
33-40: 1st and 2nd couples make a circle and dance 8 slip steps round to left and 8 back again.
The revised combined MMM edition 0f 2007 says:
25 - 32 1st and 3rd couples dance four hands round and back.
33 - 40 2nd and 1st couples dance rights and lefts.
(this is the same as in Miss Milligan's still earlier "99 More").
The source is given as:
Skillern, T: Twenty Four Country Dances for the Year 1781
Customary tune: What you please (Skillern)
|What You Please||Muriel Johnstone's Band||Dance Through The Miscellanies - First Part||CD||4||J40 8||5:43||34.3||What You Please/Joe Foster's Jig/Chapelmount House/Gallagher's Rant|
|What You Please||Muriel Johnstone's Band||A Dancer's Miscellany Vol II||MC||7||J40 8||5:43||34.3||What You Please/Joe Foster's Jig/Chapelmount House/Gallagher's Rant|
What you please 3/4L · J40
- 1s+2s set, cross RH & dance RH across
- 1s+2s set, cross LH & dance LH across
- 1s lead down the middle, back to top & cast to 2nd places
- 1s+3s circle 4H round & back
- 2s+1s dance R&L
|Budapest Beginner SCD Course 2019/3||2019-09-24||lldikó Szakolczai||Sept. 25, 2019, 8:53 a.m.|
|RSCDS Beginners Framework 2B||Rachel Pusey||Aug. 11, 2019, 10:43 p.m.|