Dance Video Jack o' Carron (Video 1)
There seems to be a problem with video playback in your browser.
- Jack o' Carron (J48, Derek Ivory & Mick Bacchus: Imperial Book of Scottish Country Dances - Volumes 1-3)
- Added by
- Tom Geoghegan (Feb. 12, 2018, 4:21 p.m.) – Source: YouTube
- Quality (of the dancing)
- Good (What does this mean?)
Back to the videos for this dance
Jack o' Carron 4/4L · J48
- All dance ½ G-Chain (1c+4c cross, 2 steps per hand) (4x,3x,2x,1x)
- 1c followed by 2c,3c,4c lead up, 1c+3c crossing back to own sides ; 1c cast (2c up) and cross to finish BtoB between 3c, (M facing W). Choose timing freely, e.g. 1c cross [11‑12] and [15-16], 3c cross [13‑14] |.
- 1c+3c set, 1c set swiveling ¾ L to finish 1M facing dn and 1W up ; 2c+1W & 1M+4c ½ circle3 RIGHT into facing lines across | set in lines
- 2c+1W & 1M+4c ½ Rsh Reels3 ; 1c pass Rsh into ½ Lsh Reel4 across with 3c, passing Rsh into
- 2c+1M & 1W+4c ½ Rsh Reels3 ; 1c pass Lsh into ½ Rsh Reel4 with 3c, at end 1c pass Rsh to finish BtoB facing 3c (M facing W) (3c on own side)
- 1c+3c set, 1c turning to face up NHJ | 1c+2c set, 1c turning inwards (change hands) to face down ; 1c+4c set | 1c cross down to 4pl (2c,3c,4c up). (2,3,4,1)