Dance Tam o' Shanter 11709
Jig · 40 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2341)
- Devised by
- 8000/8000/0888/8888/4004 = 50% (whole dance)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Extra info
- Story to go with the ...
Story to go with the dance 1 - 8 Tam looks for his horse 9 - 16 Tam and horse (Meg) ride for home 17 - 24 Witches dancing (one is a really good dancer) 25 - 32 Witches chase Tam and Meg 33 - 40 The only way to escape witches in 18th century Scotland was to cross running water, so Tam and horse escape over a bridge. Leading witch was a fast runner as well as a good dancer and she grabs the horses tail and pulls it off.
Tam o' Shanter 4/4L · J40
- 1M dances across, behind 1W, in front of 2W, behind 3W, cross and dance up behind M side to (1,2,3,4)
- 1c slip down and up
- 2c+3c+4c Circle6 and back
- All chase round cclw (1,2,3,4)
- 1c dance under 2c+3c+4c making arches (step up) ; 2c turn RH (2,3,4,1)