Dance Orion's Dance 13749
Reel · 32 bars · 4 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 2413)
- Devised by
- Chris Ronald (2008)
- 8008/8888/8888/8888 = 88% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised in December 2008, for ...
Devised in December 2008, for Kachina Allen and Alex Rafalovitch‟s son, Orion, on his first birthday. Several of the formations in this dance resemble stars.
Music: Any lively reel, such as Shuter's Hornpipe.
Orion's Dance 4/4L · R32
- 1s & 4s cross RH & cast in, 1s+4s dance LH across ending in St Andrews Cross (RH to corners)
- 1s+corners Bal-in-Line & 1/2 turn corners RH, Bal-in-Line & 1/2 turn corners RH
- 1M+4M dance out top & cast left while 4L+L dance out bottom & cast left, 1M+4M & 4L+1L cross passing LSh as corners Adv+Ret
- 1M+4M dance out Ladies side & cast up while 4L+L dance out Mens side cast down, 1M+4M & 4L+1L cross diag passing LSh as crnrs Adv+Ret
- 1M+4M also 4L+1L dance LSh Tandem reels on own sides to end 2 4 1 3