Dance Illabo Reel 3066
Reel · 32 bars · 2 trios · Round the room (Progression: 21)
- Devised by
- Sheila Gradon
- 888/888/888/888 = 100% (whole dance)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- This dance evolved because I ...
This dance evolved because I was asked for a dance like the Dashing White Sergeant, but without setting steps, on an occasion when I couldn't recall Highland Reel with any certainty. It is useful for an introduction to reels of three.
Note by Eric Ferguson, 2015-02. The published instructions for [17-24] read : "Each boy dances three hands across with his right hand partner and the girl opposite her." The crib and the diagram follow this, but it looks as if "and repeat this to the left" has been omitted by mistake.
Illabo Reel 3+3RR · R32
Trio face trio RR
- Circle6 and back
- Reels3 across, M starting Rsh to W on his R
- each M with both W on his R RHA ; [+ see note]
- All dance BtoB with opposite ; turn opposite 1½ times and face next trio
Note: should “then LHA with both W on his L” not be added? (missing in the original instructions)
|Round the Room||Verl Girl||May 5, 2016, 12:49 p.m.|