Dance The Links O' Forth 3828
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Robert M Campbell (1973)
- Knot 2 couples (KNOT;2C;)
- Turn Corners (C-TRN)
- Reel of three - with corners & crossing (REEL;CRNRS;CROSS;R3;)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised for Mina Corson. The ...
Devised for Mina Corson. The dance shows that Mina's interesting new progression "The Knot" is easily performed in fast time. The music should not be played too quickly.
|The Links o' Forth||Bobby Brown and The Scottish Accent||From Scotia's Shores We're Noo Awa'||CD+||12||R32 8||4:37||34.6||The Well Tuned Piano/Larry Lynch's Hornpipe/Texarkana Hornpipe/Corn Field|
|Links o' Forth||Donald J Bartlett||The Well Tuned Piano||?||5||R32 8||4:44||35.5||The Well Tuned Piano/The Handsome Ploughboy/The Bridge of Lodi|
The Links O' Forth 3/4L · R32
- 1s+2s dance the Knot (1s end facing out in 2nd place)
- 1L & 1M cast round dancer on their left (3M & 2L) & turn LH in middle, then cast around dancer on their left (3L & 2M)
- 1s turn 1st corners RH & pass RSh turn 2nd corners LH & pass LSh to end 2nd place opp sides facing out (corners dance for 4 bars & end in pl)
- 1s dance LSh Reels of 3 on opposite sides (1M LSh to 2L & 1L LSh to 3M) & cross to own sides (1M up & 1L down)
|Pathhead Parish Church Charity Dance||2020-02-07||Jim Armstrong||Jan. 16, 2020, 12:14 a.m.|
|The Sunday Class Dance on RadioGH - 2022-07-17||2022-07-17||Amanda Peart||July 18, 2022, 8:04 p.m.|
|Munlochy 1/3/23||2023-03-01||David Ward||Feb. 16, 2023, 10:48 a.m.|