Dance Twenty-first of September 6800
Reel · 40 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- William (18C) Campbell (1796)
- Allemande for 3 couples (ALLMND;3C;)
- Note: This list may be incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Published in
- Book 17 - Coronation Book 
- Scottish Country Dances Books 13 to 18 (Combined A5 edition) 
- Pocket: Books 16,17,18 
- Scottish Country Dances in Diagrams. Ed. 8  (diagram only)
- Scottish Country Dances in Diagrams. Ed. 7  (diagram only)
- Scottish Country Dances in Diagrams. Ed. 6  (diagram only)
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- 21 September 1745 is the ...
21 September 1745 is the date of the battle of Prestonpans (east of Edinburgh). According to popular mythology, the Scots under Bonnie Prince Charlie, the »Young Pretender«, fought the English (under Sir John Cope) and prevailed, which from the Scots' point of view made the »battle« a major victory although even in 18th-century terms it should more properly be considered a skirmish.
During the Jacobite rising of 1745, most of the British army was engaged fighting the French on the Continent in the war of the Austrian succession. For Charles Edward Stuart, otherwise known as »Bonnie Prince Charlie«, this provided a welcome opportunity to try to recover »his« kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The battle of Prestonpans was the Jacobite army's first encounter with a hastily-recruited Loyalist army consisting mostly of inexperienced and badly-equipped troops, and started a campaign that at first appeared quite victorious but found a dismal end at Culloden the year after.
|Twenty-First of September||Alastair Wood and his Scottish Dance Band||Book 17. Music for Twelve Scottish Country Dances||LP+||11||R40 8||5:43||34.3||The Cross of Inverness/The Back of the Change House/Wee Bit Cogie/The Peat Bog|
|Twenty-First of September||Neil Copland and his Scottish Dance Band||Book 17 plus 3 Dances for 2009||CD||11||R40 8||6:07||36.7||The Cross of Inverness/Mrs Janet Ellis/Bobby Colgan's Delight/Morag's Reel|
Twenty-first of September 3/4L · R40
- 1s cast on own sides followed by 2s+3s (with hands joined on each side), cross below 3rd place & dance up to places on opposite sides
- 1s+2s+3s dance Allemande to the right
- 1s cast up on opposite sides followed by 2s+3s (with hands joined on each side), cross at top, dance down own sides into centre for Allemande
- 3s+2s+1s dance Allemande to the left
- 1s dance down the middle below 3s, cast up 1 place, dance up to top & cast to 2nd places
|Malta Sunday September 20 2015||2015-09-20||Nameless Dancer||Aug. 20, 2015, 9:40 a.m.|
|8.SCD-Weekend Chemnitz Social||2018-11-17||SCD Chemnitz||Sept. 16, 2018, 8:45 p.m.|
|RSCDS Book 17||2015-09-20||Angelika Schmidkonz||Sept. 20, 2015, 12:46 p.m.|
|Summer School 2017,Week 2, High Impact, Mo-We||2017-07-24||Ulrike Köppler||Aug. 6, 2017, 6:41 p.m.|
|Chemnitz_Tuesday||SCD Chemnitz||Feb. 6, 2018, 6:25 p.m.|
|Chemnitz_Friday||SCD Chemnitz||Feb. 6, 2018, 6:27 p.m.|