Dance A Valley Full of Tree-Tops 6870
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- John Drewry (1986)
- 404/808/848/888 = 53% (whole dance)
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change
- Published in
- Online Sources
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- The notes for the dance ...
The notes for the dance say it was devised for the Mary Prentice weekend at Treetops Hotel, Aberdeen.
The title is a quotation from Midwinter by John Buchan: "At first it was like the twanging of fine wires in a wind, mingled with an echo of organ music heard over a valley full of tree-tops."
A Valley Full of Tree-Tops 3/4L · R32
- 1L & 3M change places RH & cast to 2nd place, turn LH in middle to end BtoB facing partners
- 1L+3M dance diagonal reel of 4 with corners
- 1s & 3s set to partners, 1M & 3L set again while partners turn to right & dance to original places, 1s+2L also 3s+2M dance RH hands across
- 1s+2s+3s Promenade & 1s cast to 2nd place while 2s step up