Dance Way Out West 6961
Strathspey · 32 bars · 4 couples (Glasgow Highl) · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 3142)
- Devised by
- John Drewry (1993)
- Strathspey setting, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Bankhead Book Part 4 
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- "For George and Onie Senyk ...
"For George and Onie Senyk of Sharpes, Florida."
The dance starts with 1st & 3rd couples on the men's side and 2nd & 4th couples on the women's side. The progression is one place clockwise to 3rd & 4th couples on the men's side and 1st & 2nd couples on the women's side.
Way Out West 4/4L · S32
Start: Glasgow Highlanders positions - 1s & 3s on Men's side, 2s & 4s on Ladies' side, men with partner on right
- 1M+2M also 3M+4M 3/4 turn RH & dance RSh round partner to place, Ladies repeat turning LH & dance LSh round partner
- 1s+2s also 3s+4s dance Western DoSiDo :
- 9-10 Men set while Ladies dance in, Ladies pass each other LSh & turn to face partner
- 11-12 Change places LH with partner
- 13-14 Men change places with opposite Lady RH, Men pass LSh while Lady dances to partner's place
- 15-16 Turn partner RH to end in promenade hold
- 1s & 4s change places - 1s pass 2s RSh, dance down Ladies side while 4s pass 3s RSh, dance up Men's side. 2s dance in, curve to Right & dance back to place, 3s dance similar
- 2s+4s also 1s+3s dance RH across, finish on sides facing partner
- All set to partners & change places RH
- RSh 1/2 reels of 4 on sides (3s & 4s on Men's side, 1s & 2s on Ladies side), passing partner RSh to start. All now 1 place clockwise round from start position