Dance Promise of Spring 12437
Reel · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 4 (Progression: 213)
- Devised by
- Ruth Taylor (CAN) (2004)
- Turn Corners (C-TRN)
- Lead down and up (DWNUP;LEAD;)
- Double Triangles - inverting (DBLTRI;INV)
- Hands round - 6, pivot & back (HR;6P;PIVOT; BACK;)
- Note: Due to limitations in the underlying data, the relative order of formations in this list may be different from the order of formations in the actual dance.
- Pas-de-Basque, Skip-Change, Slip-Step
- Published in
- Extra info
- Devised for the Winnipeg Workshop ...
Devised for the Winnipeg Workshop, March 2004.
The triangle formation signifies the geese returning and the last figure gives the idea of lambs frolicking and changing directions!
|Jenny Dang the Weaver||Bobby Brown and The Scottish Accent||Book 12.||CD||3||R32 8||4:41||35.1||Jenny Dang the Weaver/Jack Lattin/Little Bag of Potatoes/Strachur|
|Promise of Spring||Scotch Mist||Coast to Coast with Scotch Mist||CD||3||R32 8||4:43||35.4||Rab the Ranter/Greenwoodside/Come Let Us Dance and Sing/Da Sockit Light|
Promise of Spring 3/4L · R32
- 1s lead down the middle, 2s step up on bars 3–4
- On bar 5, 1M turns his partner under his right arm, they lead up to 2nd place and finish in the centre of the set, back to back, facing opposite sides.
- 2s, 1s & 3s dance “Angus MacKinnon Triangles”
- 1s turn 1st corner RH, pass each other right shoulders, turn 2nd corner RH and pass each other right shoulder to finish in 2nd place own sides. (Corners dance for 4 bars.)
- 2s, 1s & 3s dance six hands round to the left for SIX steps and then on bar 28, cross right foot over left and, keeping the weight on both feet and releasing hands, pivot round to face out pulling left shoulder back.
- 2s, 1s & 3s dance around in a chase (anticlockwise) back to own sides.
Promise of Spring 3/4L · R32
- 1s lead down (2s step up 3-4), 1L turns under 1M's right arm, 1s lead up to 2nd place finishing BtoB facing opp sides
- Set as in Double Triangles, all advance (PdB) to invert triangle, set, invert triangle to end 2s+3s on own sides turning Right about to face in while 1s finish BtoB facing out
- 1s turn 1st corners RH, pass RSh, turn 2nd corner RH, pass RSh to end in 2nd place own sides
- 2s+1s+3s circle 6H round to left (6 steps), bar 28 pass R foot over L, pivot and chase anticlockwise to own sides
|Kingston May Social||2017-05-06||Alexander Jeffries||April 11, 2017, 10:30 p.m.|
|Kingston Social February 2019||2019-02-16||Alexander Jeffries||Dec. 31, 2018, 2:13 a.m.|
|Kingston April Social 2018||2018-04-07||Alexander Jeffries||March 17, 2018, 7:11 p.m.|
|151214 The More Unusual Dance Club||2015-12-14||Peter Dixon||Nov. 24, 2016, 5:02 p.m.|
|GASP - December 13 2019 - John Bottriell||2019-12-13||John Bottriell||Oct. 29, 2019, 5:48 p.m.|
|Budapest Local Club 31.01.2019||2019-01-31||lldikó Szakolczai||Feb. 1, 2019, 9:24 a.m.|
|GASP - Jan 09, 0215||2015-01-09||John Bottriell||Dec. 4, 2014, 2:12 a.m.|
|Trinity 21 Mar 20 - David Anderson||2020-03-21||Bill Austin||March 7, 2020, 5:13 p.m.|
|Winnipeg Branch Spring Social Dance||2017-03-29||Peter McClure||March 9, 2017, 5:13 p.m.|
|Kingston Ball 2018||2018-11-03||Alexander Jeffries||Aug. 15, 2018, 4:21 p.m.|
|Kingston 2018 Ball||2018-11-03||Alexander Jeffries||Oct. 18, 2018, 4:15 a.m.|
|150518 The More Unusual Dance Club||2015-05-18||Peter Dixon||May 4, 2015, 8:21 p.m.|