Dance The Golden Chain 13772
Strathspey · 32 bars · 3 couples · Longwise - 3 (Progression: 231)
- Devised by
- Chris Ronald (2009)
- 800/888/888/866 = 79% (whole dance)
- Skip-Change, Slip-Step, Strathspey travel
- Published in
- Recommended Music
- Extra info
- Devised January 2009.
The name ...
Devised January 2009.
The name Golden Chain comes from the central figure, a chain, and the dance having been devised on the 50th anniversary of the New York Branch.
This dance can also be done as a quick-time dance for 3 couples in a 4-couple set. In that case, it should be danced eight times through, with bars 29-32 modified so that 1st couple cross to second place on their own side passing left shoulder and all three couples set on the last two bars.
Music Any good strathspey (or jig or reel). When danced as a strathspey a suitable recording is 'The Gordonian Strathspey', Reel Friends Book 2, David Hall Scottish Dance Band, track 6.
The Golden Chain 3/3L · S32
- 1s lead down (3 bars) & back (3 bars). 1s cast, pass RSh to 2nd place opp sides
- 2s+1s+3s 3/4 circle 6H to Left, Men pull back LSh to face anticlockwise
- 3 Couple Ladies' Chain:
- Ladies dance RH across one place while Men dance one place anticlockwise
- Men turn Ladies LH
- Repeat twice more
- All 3/4 circle 6H to Right
- 1s cross LSh & cast to 3rd place
|HHK 18 July 2017||2017-07-17||Chris Ronald||July 17, 2017, 6:57 p.m.|
|Strathspey 3/3L||Verl Girl||May 7, 2016, 11:36 a.m.|